Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development™ (APS-SD) is a 3-day hands-on course where you will experience how to deliver quality software using Scrum with Agile and DevOps practices. Students will work as a Scrum Team or multiple Scrum Teams depending on class size, creating real code on a realistic software system. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognised Professional Scrum Developer certification exam (PSD).
What you will learn
Over the 3 days, students gain a real-world view of what it is like to build software with Scrum. Throughout the course, students collaborate over a series of Sprints. They apply modern engineering practices and use the Scrum framework to cope with changes. There is a key focus on having students learn how to develop and deliver increments of potentially releasable functionality from a realistic Product Backlog. By doing so, students will experience real-world challenges and issues and will learn how to handle them by continuously improving during the Sprint cycles.
The course teaches how Agile engineering practices and supportive DevOps tools improve a team’s capabilities even more.
The course is available in .NET and Java specific technologies along with a generic technology course. Professional Scrum Trainers can work with you to define a specific technology stack that meets your needs in private classes.
The .NET version was developed in partnership with Microsoft® and is the official training solution for Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Understand how modern Agile engineering practices and supportive DevOps tools improve a team’s capability to deliver working software.
- Learn the different aspects of a Scrum Team and how to work together as a team to get work done.
- Gain knowledge of how to leverage modern software development tools and practices.
- Using Scrum
- Working within a Scrum Team
- Definition of Done
- Development Practices
- Agile architecture practices to slice features
- Test Driven Development
- Code Review
- Agile requirement management practices
- Using DevOps tools with Scrum
Who should attend
The Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development course is intended for all members of a Scrum Team; architects, analysts, programmers, database developers, testers, IT-Operations and others, including Scrum Masters and Product Owners. The class focuses on using technology to deliver software in Increments. Experiencing this class with your whole Scrum Team will improve your way of working. We also suggest that you read through the PSD Subject Areas.
- Expert tuition from Scrum.org Professional Scrum Trainers with years of real-world experience
- 2 attempts at the Scrum.org PSD I Assessment
- 40% discount on the Scrum.org PSM I
- Free pre and post course coaching to support continued learning towards assessments
- Scrum.org courseware and further useful resources and links
- Once obtained, certifications never expire
Certification and assessments
All participants completing the Applying Professional Scrum for Software Development course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Developer (PSD) assessment. If you attempt the PSD assessment within 14 days and do not score at least 85%, you will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. The industry-recognised PSD certification requires a minimum passing score of 85%.
What our Students say..
No Renewal Costs
Professional Scrum certifications are yours for life with no renewal costs to retain them. Once you pass the assessment, you will retain that certification, you will be listed on the Scrum.org website and remain there forever with no additional future costs.
Group discounts available.
Group booking discount for 3 or more will be automatically applied. If you have a group of 6 or more then a private booking might be more cost-effective. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org